Monday 24 May 2010

Life !!


I dutifully brought in the pot from outside last night and put it back on the front windowsill for overnight. When I checked this morning at 8am before leaving for work, no sign of life, but by 6pm, to my huge excitement and relief, ten little seedlings have popped their noses out of the soil and are stretching for the sky !


Good thing too as at lunchtime I'd been second-guessing my selective planting strategy especially after some random googling had brought up phrases such as "sow a pinch" rather than the individual seed approach I'd taken.


A little gentle watering with a spray bottle followed by pouring a bit more on - trying not to drown them but also bearing in mind the need for a "reasonable supply of water"


Finally I feel worthy of the text blogger inserts with each photo "parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully" - now to keep them growing !

No comments:

Post a Comment